Feb 25, 2009

तृप्ति (satisfaction)

With swollen eyes she saw me
As I returned from the war
And a single tear, down her face did slide

I'd been away a long while
She'd wait patiently each day
And show to the world that she was satisfied

My first love is my country,
My first love is the war
SO I can't return the love she deserves

But I've always wondered why
She seems so satisfied
Even though all her love for me she reserves

I sometimes suspect she's cheating
She couldn't possibly love me so
But when our lips touch, it erases all doubt

And the day I'm out in town
She'll never show she's mad
I have never seen her frown or pout.

I wish that every man could
Know a love that's so sincere
And he'd keep her till the day he died

Today I look down at her
She still waits for me with a smile
She knows I'm dead but still she's, satisfied.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing ... esp after I read the reason for this one on fb! Killer ending!

Wicker Man said...

lol... ya i like doing keedas like dis...
thnx... tho im nt very hppy wid dis 1...